Saturday, June 8, 2013

Patiently Waiting for Summer


Early June in the Pacific Northwest often means grey skies, cool temps, and damp blades of grass. The entire region buzzes with anticipation, waiting for summer to arrive. I'm reminded of this anticipation as I sit here on my couch this Saturday morning dressed in a beanie, sweatshirt, and wool socks with the doors wide open just waiting for a break in the grey. It will come. I'm certain of that. But until it does, I will simply have to revel in the beauty of summers past. 
 
 
 
 Farley Boy in the garden
 Lola enjoying a late afternoon siesta
PNW summer fields
Nothing more American than enjoying a hot dog at the fair
Seeing a living legend in concert: Willie Nelson!
 The coolest dude I know
 Making bouquets with my gorgeous nieces
Summer bounty
 I will never get bored with this view
 Fishing for salmon with my Dad
 My Dad
Another spectacular day on the water


No comments: